We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
32 hours per week on roster
We operate 24/7 and the role will be rostered to cover any shifts within the operating hours.
This role requires robust nursing assessment and clinical decision making skills, adaptability and efficiency in care delivery, teamwork and effective communication skills.
Given the dynamic nature of the 24 Hour Surgery environment this role requires the nurse to:
- Assess the acuity and needs of patients presenting with a variety of conditions.
- Treat and care for a range of patients with injuries or illness, including complex health problems.
- Liaise with health professionals and other acute services to arrange safe discharge for patients. Services commonly referred to include the 24HR Surgery observation unit, Acute Demand nursing, and General Practice.
- Communicate effectively with patients and their whanau/family, health professionals, and operations support staff in a fast-paced environment.
The 24 Hour Surgery is committed to the professional development of employees. Registered nurse role progression opportunities include but are not limited to, triage, leadership, fracture clinic nurse, preceptorship and mentoring. Education is provided on venepuncture and IV cannulation, nurse initiated XRAY, fracture management including cast application, wound care and suturing, NZRC Advanced Life Support, and CENNZ triage course.
The environment of the 24 Hour Surgery is well suited to nurses undertaking postgraduate study in advanced nursing practice and offers the opportunity to role model from Nurse Practitioner colleagues.
If applying you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse positions will require 3 or more years post registration experience in acute and/or community nursing.
- Demonstrate a high level of interpersonal and communications skills, adaptability and diversity, including the ability to think critically.
- Demonstrate a firm knowledge and understanding of evidence based practice
- All applicants must hold a current APC and NZNC Registration
Nursing at the 24 Hour Surgery provides an exciting and rewarding working environment that is unique in primary care.
About the Company
Pegasus Health 24 Hour Surgery, a division of Pegasus Health (Charitable) Limited is a company committed to providing a high quality, twenty-four hour service to the people of Christchurch from its site at 401 Madras Street. Operating for over 25 years, it is the preferred provider of after-hours care for most family doctors in Christchurch. We are the only Urgent Care centre in Christchurch that operates 24/7. Our mandate is to always be there for people when they need us.
To find out more about the 24 Hour Surgery visit our website www.24hoursurgery.co.nz
To hear what our staff have to say about working at the 24 Hour Surgery visit http://www.24hoursurgery.co.nz/work-with-us/staff-testimonials
For further information about the position please e mail: Claire Daly at Claire.firstname.lastname@example.org