We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
Royal Far West is one of Australia’s most enduring and respected charities. We have been connecting children in rural and remote communities to the care they need since 1924. Today we do this from our Centre for Country Kids in Manly, through community outreach and via telecare.
Our award-winning disability service, Windmill, provides multidisciplinary assessment, therapy and support for children, living with developmental delays and disabilities, who live in rural and remote communities and have an a NDIS or ECEI plan.
The program can be accessed from our Centre for Country Kids in Manly, or via Telecare. It is designed for children aged 2-12 who have neurodevelopmental challenges associated with diagnoses including autism, intellectual disability, developmental or global delay.
The program provides services to some of the most rural and remote communities in Australia.
Due to the expansion of our clinical services, we are looking to appoint a Senior Occupational Therapist to support this growth.
As an Occupational Therapist you will be responsible for the provision of client and family centred, Occupational Therapy services for children (2-12 years) as a part of their NDIS plan.
You will work a dedicated team of more than 25 professionals including psychologists, occupational therapists, speech pathologists and recreation activity officers.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Delivering evidence based and family centred (insert discipline) assessment and therapy services for ECEI and NDIS participants via telehealth and through face-to-face immersion camps at our Centre for Country Kids in Manly.
- Working with families using a bottom up. holistic and collaborative approach
- Co-design the support provided to children and their families which offers them choice and control in the way therapy and support is delivered
- In person service delivery in our Windmill Immersion Program at the Centre for Country Kids in Manly, Therapeutic Camps, including Rock and Build Lego therapy camps
- Telecare therapy that can be delivered onsite or from home with laptops and monitors provided. Complete remote working is available for staff who would like to work on a telecare only caseload.
- Provide leadership, supervision and support within the multidisciplinary team and clinical community.
Desired Skills and Experience
Skills and Experience
- A tertiary qualification in Occupational Therapy, and current registration with AHPRA
- High level knowledge, skills and experience in assessment, diagnosis, therapy, case management and discharge planning of children (0 – 12 years) with developmental disorders.
- The ability to work collaboratively with schools and parents using a family centred and strengths-based approach to practice.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with proven ability to work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team and proficient computer skills.
- Demonstrated Experience leading quality improvement projects
- Current Working with Children Check and NDIS worker check or ability to obtain
- Experience working with families of children with disabilities and knowledge of the NDIS principles and pathways
- Experience providing clinical supervision to less experienced occupational therapists, occupational therapy students or allied health assistants.
- Experience working with children/adolescents with neurodevelopmental disorders, including Intellectual Disability, Autism Spectrum Disorders, ODD, ADHD.
- Knowledge of early life trauma and/or experience working from a trauma-informed approach
- Proven ability to work both collaboratively with members of a multidisciplinary team with a family-centred and strengths-based approach
- Experience in delivering occupational therapy services via telehealth
- Mental Health Accreditation
Royal Far West is a rewarding, inspiring, diverse and purpose driven workplace which aims to elevate and harness our people power to support the health and wellbeing of country children for generations to come.
Our unique paediatric service has a focus on mental, developmental and behavioural health and reflects a deep understanding of country communities. Working with families, schools and communities, we use a holistic developmental approach that is trauma-informed, child centred and strengths-based.
Our core values of Care, Connection, Passion, and Impact are integral to the organisation. Respecting and upholding these values enables us to maintain a positive, innovative and highly collaborative workplace culture.
Why work for us?
- Flexible working – Flexible hours and part-time opportunities available. Work from our beautiful location at Manly Beach or in hybrid office/work from home or fully remote working options available.
- Supportive systems to allow clinicians to easily connect and collaborate with our engaged, passionate and highly skilled multidisciplinary teams and through the organisation’s community of Occupational Therapists
- Focus on the practical work and clinical care, while our support team take care of the administration, including bookings and service planning.
- Excellent professional development opportunities including: Clinical supervision, comprehensive telehealth training, and in-house and external professional development opportunities.
- IT setup to enable working from home, including laptop, monitor and headset
- A range of other great benefits – including salary packaging of up to $15,900 of your salary tax free, paid parental leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave.
- Royal Far West has been recognised as one of Australia and New Zealand’s Best Places to Work in the prestigious annual list, published by The Australian Financial Review and Boss Magazine.
Jobs Classification -> Allied Health -> Occupational Therapists
Job Location (Area or Region)
Job Location ( Area or Region ) -> Australia -> NSW
Job Type -> Permanent -> Full Time
Non Profit Organisation
Senior Occupational Therapist