We are collecting job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
Wayne Pike Workforce Alliance is looking to hire Home Visitors for our SHINE After-school Centers located in the Wayne Highlands, Western Wayne, and Wallenpaupack School Districts. This is a 36-week comprehensive after-school program and includes 1st to 5th grades along with a kindergarten home-visiting program.
A Home Visitor teaches kindergarten and pre-k students weekly in their homes. The Home Visitor will work with children on pre-academic goals needed for Kindergarten. This person is responsible for involving parents in their child’s activities, being informed of their child’s progress, and providing creative strategies to work with their children. This person will help parents create Family Educational Plans; connecting families with GED, ELS, and college credit courses.
Duties and responsibilities
- Make home visits to initially enroll families in the program; visit all families at least one time per year.
- Visit families of identified Pre-K and Kindergarten children whose assessments indicate deficits in academics and/or behavior on a weekly basis.
- Help in planning and attending parent involvement activities.
- Work with families to create educational plans and action steps.
- Provide links to community services/resources.
- Available for staff training and development.
- Maintain records as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and skills
- Minimum of a two-year degree in early childhood education or a related field.
- All candidates must be creative, highly motivated toward student success, and focused on project-based learning. Strong organizational skills, excellent oral and written communications, and computer skills are required. Staff must have reliable transportation and child abuse clearances.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand to sit, to walk, to use hands, to handle or feel: reach with hands arms: talk and hear. The employee may regularly lift and or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- This position is contingent upon grant funding
Part-Time (18 Hours per week)
Wayne Pike Workforce Alliance provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
“Funded in full or in part with the Nita M. Lowey 21st CCLC grant from the Pennsylvania Department of Education.”
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $18.00 per hour
- Professional development assistance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location