We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
Are you a self-motivated and creative individual with great interpersonal skills? Would you like to incorporate your interests and life skills into your work? Would you like to enable and uplift the people around you? Would you like to work in a small innovative well respected organisation? If so, we invite you to apply for this support worker position.
We are a small-scale, not-for-profit, family-driven initiative on a beautiful five-acre lifestyle property in Lower Hutt. We provide a residential home and long-term supported care for three men with intellectual disabilities. The men are much loved family members and are surrounded by a supportive community with a strong ethos of enablement, collaboration, personal growth and sustainability. Hearth Trust supports them to lead healthy, meaningful, and fulfilling lives in their home and out in the community.
Note: we are also in the process of recruiting for a part time manager position, which will include working some support hours each week. If you are interested in combining support and management work, please contact us to find out more about the management position (also advertised on Student Job Search)
Hours of Work
- This is a part-time position with the number of hours to be agreed by negotiation.
- Hourly rate of between $24.00 and $27.00 an hour, depending on qualifications and experience.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the men to live meaningful, rich and connected lives in their own home and in the community
- Creating opportunities for them to develop new skills and interests such a gardening, music, woodwork, art, baking, sport etc.
- Facilitating opportunities for them to explore and try new experiences and roles in the community, including contributing and helping others
- Assisting with personal cares, health and wellbeing
- Supporting and enabling them to complete household chores such as cleaning, shopping, and meal preparation and to be considerate flatmates
- Contributing to the development of the household, land, community, and support policies, practices and projects
We offer the opportunity
- To be part of an inclusive community with a focus on enablement and sustainability
- To bring your own interests and hobbies to work to share with and enthuse others
- To support people to develop their skills and abilities and to lead their best lives
- To partake in professional development pathways through study opportunities and job progression
Working for us will appeal to people who wish to be involved with and to contribute to an inclusive community, whose members care for each other and the sustainable development of the land we share.
We are looking for someone
- With an interest in working with people with intellectual disabilities and who is empathetic and caring, with the ability to communicate in a constructive and respectful manner and to actively listen
- With the ability to create a warm welcoming clean and beautiful home, with a good understanding of nutrition and with the ability to cook wholesome meals
- Who values personal and professional development and improving their skills
- Who has the ability to work collaboratively with others
- Whose values and ethos are in alignment with our culture, principles and objectives (Objectives of the Trust and Our Key Principles document can be found on our website)
- Who has a full driver’s license
- Gardening experience and/or ability to play a musical instrument would be a bonus.
- Previous support work experience is not essential; personal qualities and a willingness to learn are most important in this role.