We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ: Before applying please check that you meet the following criteria:
- You have had both COVID vaccinations AND the Booster shot
- You hold a full NZ drivers’ licence
- You are eligible to work in New Zealand
Support Worker – Oamaru – PART TIME
We have a variety of part time Support Worker roles available in our Oamaru team. Why not apply and see if your availability and our needs match up?
How would you like a career where you can make a life-changing difference in the lives of other people? Where you can help someone achieve what’s important to them, and make everyday special?
No one is too disabled to be supported in taking an active role in their life. Your role will be to help them gain that independence so that they can make their own choices, be part of their community, and live a fulfilling life.
Part of your day may include administering medication, providing support for showering, and dealing with challenging behaviour. Every day is different, and you need to have a flexible approach with the right attitude. Here you will be able to make a difference in the lives of other people by helping them achieve positive change – the rewards are amazing. To find out more about being a Support Worker with IDEA Services, please visit our ‘Join our Support Crew’ page.
What’s on offer?
- Opportunities to build your long-term career in the disability sector
- Salary based on qualifications with a clear salary progression as you learn
- Ongoing support to achieve your National certificates in Health and Wellbeing
- Generous long-service leave entitlements plus insurance benefits after 2 years’ service
- ‘Refer a friend’ Bonus programme
- FREE Employee Assistance programme service anytime you need health and wellbeing support
- $22.49- $28.25 per hour depending on relevant qualifications, with the ability to earn more as gain qualifications
What will you bring?
- A ‘can-do’ attitude with loads of energy
- Resilience and perseverance
- The willingness to learn
- Ideally, some experience in the disability sector but not necessary as full training and orientation will be provided
- Flexibility to work across a rotating fortnightly roster, including some weekends and sleepovers
- Have a Full NZ drivers licence or be able to gain this within 3 months
- Pass a full New Zealand Police check
IDEA Services is New Zealand’s largest provider of services to people with intellectual disabilities. We support adults of all ages to live in their own homes and enjoy life as a member of their community. Our services are founded on IHC’s absolute commitment to the people we support and their families/whanau to have a good life. IDEA Services is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the IHC Group which is made up of our charitable programmes and three wholly-owned subsidiaries, including the provision of housing and tenancy services.
To Apply: Please submit an online application by selecting the ‘Apply’ button. You will be asked to upload your CV and complete an online application process.
When requested, you must be able to provide proof of your full vaccination against COVID-19, as mandated by the government. If you have a valid exemption from vaccination, we will consider that against the requirements of the role applied for and our operational environment.
The IHC Group is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and actively seek a diverse applicant pool. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We welcome all kinds of diversity and the different perspectives such diversity brings to our work. Applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.