We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
Position Type: Part Time-Seasonal
Pay Rate: $60 per tour (paid bi-weekly)
Reports to: Visitor Services Manager
Scope and Basic Function: Tour Guide is responsible for leading groups of visitors on walking tours throughout the downtown Salem, MA area. The Guide will provide historically accurate information and help interpret the culture and heritage of Salem for audiences of all ages and backgrounds. Guide will also be responsible for promoting the tour outside of the visitor center before tour begins. Guide should be able to act as a positive, friendly, informed, and capable ambassador of the city of Salem.
- Myths & Misconceptions Tour (1 hour)
A walking tour that seeks to debunk the myths and explain the misconceptions about the Salem Witch Trials, while stopping at the Witch Trials Memorial, Old Burying Point, and site of the Original Jail. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs) Required:
- Must have a general knowledge about Salem History and the Downtown area and ability to learn and integrate appropriate historical material
- Must be comfortable speaking to large groups of people and the ability to project voice over loud outdoor noises
- Must make a commitment to ongoing development of interpretive skills according to best practices in the field. Willingness to adapt interpretation as more information becomes available
- Positive, upbeat demeanor with strong customer service skills required
- Required to work weekends
- Able to walk and stand for long periods of time in all types of weather
- Able to improvise and adapt to surroundings and challenges
- Must take the Salem City Guide test to obtain a City Guide License
- Proficient in handling cash and able to sell tickets using Eventbrite app on an iPad
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Experience and Education Required:
Experience in historical interpretation preferred.
Experience in leading tours preferred
Strong interest in U.S. History necessary, college degree in History or degree in progress in History preferred.
Supervisory/Managerial Experience and Responsibility:
No supervisory experience needed. No management of other employees.
Must be able to chaperone tour members and provide guidance to them during tour, including avoiding restricted areas and inappropriate behaviors.
Work Environment (ADA analysis):
Category of Light to Moderate work- occasionally exerting force to move objects, such as boxes of brochures, merchandise, banners, and other required promotional materials.
Work is primarily performed outdoors, and worker is subject to both indoors and outdoors environmental and temperature conditions. May be exposed to environmental conditions of moderate to loud noise levels from visiting groups, other city visitors and general city traffic conditions. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment and touchscreens for multiple hours daily. Worker will be required to stand and move constantly throughout the day and will also be required to communicate and receive inquiries throughout the day.
Worker is required to have visual acuity to safely navigate city streets and guide groups safely to their destinations along the tour.
Organization Overview: Essex Heritage is a non-profit organization that rallies our community around saving the unique character of Essex County: the thousands of historic, cultural, and natural places that were crucial in shaping our nation; the places that led to this region’s designation as a National Heritage
Area by an act of Congress in 1996; the places that make Essex County like nowhere else. Essex Heritage programs and projects fall into the categories of preservation, education and interpretation and include grants, special events, conferences, workshops, publications, and a membership program. Additional information on the Commission can be found at www.essexheritage.org.
Job Type: Temporary
Pay: $60.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Salem, MA 01970: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location