Tēnā koe. Nau mai ki te Kuratini Tuwhera.
The Kuratini Tuwhera is Aotearoa New Zealand’s leading distance and online learning provider. We are a subsidiary of Te Pūkenga (New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology). We specialise in taking the learning to our students, focusing on enabling the success of approximately 30,000 students each year. We’re a place where you can make a difference.
At the Open Polytechnic we offer a wide range of learning disciplines from Real Estate to Social Work, Construction and Education. From our Academic Staff Members to our Student Journey Centre, we ensure our students are at the heart of everything we do, every step of the way.
About the role:
We are looking for an Academic Staff Member to join our Psychology team on a 12 month fixed term basis to support the delivery of our diploma and degree courses in psychology. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team of experienced subject matter experts and practitioners.
Academic Staff are responsible for:
- Teaching courses online using interactive technology and best practice professional standards for online distance learning
- Providing feedback to Programme Delivery Managers on course and programme delivery matters, including course materials and assessments
- Providing students with targeted and specific support that develops their knowledge and understanding of subject matter
- Undertaking research that informs the subject are you are teaching
The ideal candidate will have;
- Relevant skills and experience in psychology
- Clinical experience in mental health, education psychology or addiction interventions
- A well-developed understanding and commitment to Te Tiriti O Waitangi and its principles, are comfortable in Māori spaces of engagement and the use of te reo Māori me ōna
- A relevant degree at Masters level or higher
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Strong professional and community networks
- Experience working collectively as part of a team
- The ability to work flexibly and be responsive to change
- A willingness to learn and apply new technologies in the delivery of distance education
The Kuratini Tuwhera has an enviable reputation in the vocational sector with a campus situated in the Hutt Valley. We offer our people free car parking on campus, flexible working options, a modernised working environment, subsidised school holiday programmes for your children, free fitness classes, and an on-site café.
If this role sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Applications must be submitted online via our career’s website.
Contact Susan.Dey@openpolytechnic.ac.nz with any questions about the role.
Applications close: Wednesday 19 January @ 11pm.
Please note only online applications will be accepted.
Noho ora mai. Tēnā koe.