We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
We are looking for either an Analyst or a Senior Analyst Performance and Reporting to join our Planning, Investment & Reporting team within Finance. This role reports to the Manager Planning, Investment & Reporting, and is a permanent full-time or part-time position based in our Wellington Customhouse.
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Analyst/Senior Analyst Performance and Reporting will work with others in the team and across the organisation to collect performance data and information, provide insights and produce reports for our Customs Executive Board and our Minister. Your help to tell our performance story will assist the organisation to make good decisions and meet our external accountability requirements.
You will also support the work that is underway to develop an organisational Performance Measurement Framework by helping to develop meaningful and informative performance measures and the process for reporting them.
You will be part of an enthusiastic team who are striving to make improvements to our performance measurement and internal and external reporting, including our Annual Report.
Ko wai koe | About you
To be successful in this role, the following knowledge, experience, skills and personal attributes are required:
- Strong analytical skills and a curious mindset;
- Experience in providing insights on performance data;
- The ability to communicate complex information in a simple and easy to understand way;
- Strong communication skills, verbally and in writing to wide ranging audiences;
- Good interpersonal skills, and the ability to develop successful relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Proactive and enthusiastic with a commitment to excellence, making continuous improvements and take innovative approaches to issues;
- Customer focused with the ability to practice active listening to understand customer needs;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, manage your own time, plan and prioritise quality assurance activities, maintain a focus on achieving results and manage all work within specified timeframes;
- Attention to detail and strong organisation skills;
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline;
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products, particularly Excel and Word;
- Previous experience in developing performance measures and working with Performance Measurement Frameworks is preferable but not essential.
Customs offers a supportive team environment with the opportunity to grow and develop your skills, knowledge and experience.
Join us and we will welcome you into a culture that supports kotahitanga (equality), manaakitanga (kindness) and kaitiakitanga (guardianship).
Requirements to apply
You will need to obtain Confidential level national security clearance. In order to obtain this clearance you need to be a New Zealand Citizen or New Zealand Permanent Resident who has resided continuously in New Zealand for the last 5 years and resides in NZ at time of application;
OR a New Zealand Citizen or New Zealand Permanent Resident who has resided in New Zealand for the last 5 years and resides in NZ at time of application, but may have been absent from New Zealand for periods of six or more months within the past 5 years, preferably in one or more of the following countries: either Australia, Canada, UK or the USA. You will be required to provide overseas police certificates for these periods spent outside of New Zealand.
You must have a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the New Zealand Security Intelligence Service towards a recommendation of suitability for security clearance at a higher level. Already having Confidential clearance is a benefit, but not a requirement.
Due to the nature of Customs work you must have a clear Police record and be able to pass a drug test.
Mahi ki te Mana Ārai o Aotearoa I Working at Customs
Our people get on-the-job training, formal courses and leadership programmes, and the chance to move across diverse roles. We foster an inclusive and supportive team environment with vibrant social and cultural groups. We also support flexible working – talk to us about how we can help you achieve your flexible working goals, within our operational requirements. Our people get discounted health insurance, free on-site gyms (in some locations) and three days of service holidays in addition to four weeks of annual leave.
Me pehea te whakauru | How to apply
To express your interest, please apply on-line by submitting an up to date CV and cover letter that demonstrates your suitability for the role. For further information about this role, please view the position description attached or contact Suzanne Leahy (Senior Recruitment Advisor) at Suzanne.firstname.lastname@example.org or Caroline de Haast (Manager Planning, Investment & Reporting) at email@example.com
Applications close Thursday 28 April at 11pm
New Zealand Customs Service | Te Mana Ārai o Aotearoa is a member of Diversity Works New Zealand and is committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities and welcome applications from everyone who can meet the requirements of the role. We also offer flexible working arrangements.