We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
The Penguin Arms is a well known and established Pub and restaurant opening right in the heart of town, across from the New Brighton Library. We need an enthusiastic team to grow into not just the newest, but the best restaurant in town!
We are now hiring waitstaff in anticipation for start asap.
Qualifications & experience
- Hold a current managers licence or be able to obtain one.
- Have 2 years + experience in a busy bar / restaurant environment Shift management experience.
- Able to produce a seating plan / run sheet.
- Have an understanding / ability to operate various sections including bar, restaurant, coffee & functions..
- Availability to work evenings and weekends.
- We require all staff have a valid vaccination certificate in order to fully operate under the orange and red traffic light levels.
- Applicants for this position should have NZ residency.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Manage a busy shift with the support of the owners.
- Be able to operate in all areas of the business including, bar, restaurant, functions and coffee.
- Maintain great communication with the kitchen including manage the pass.
- Assist with stock management including help with ordering and stock takes.
- Greeting & serving customers.
- Average knowledge of alcohol act.
- Cleaning tables and glasses.
- Cocktails & coffee would be plus..
- Hours can be from 30 – 35 per week.
- Work within a stable team who are valued and enjoy a fun work environment.
- Work with experienced owners, share in their experience while contributing from your own experience.
- Consistent hours and great regulars.
- Our venue does live bands – enjoy the live band while you work. Plenty of free parking.
In return, we will offer you a fantastic working environment, the chance to learn from a team of very experienced hospitality professionals, excellent pay based on your experience and the chance to advance your career in one of the very best restaurants in Christchurch.
4 positions of Part-time hours: – More than 35 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From negotiable.
Job Type: Permanent
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 35 per week
- Afternoon shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Public holidays
- Rotating roster
- Weekend availability
All tables and chairs, Bar counter etc are frequently sanitize. Should wear mask and must be vaccinated. Should be provide proof of vaccination.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New Brighton, Canterbury: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Expected Start Date: 31/08/2022