Kansas City – USA – Part time jobs for students
La Petite Academy of Kansas City is hiring a Cook/ Food Specialist!
9371 N Oak Traffic Way, KCMO
9071 NE 81st Terr. KCMO
We care, for the children and families we serve, and our dedicated team members. You are our best asset. Feel valued and get access to the benefits and resources you need to connect, balance, grow, and thrive in your career.
- We support your work/life balance with a minimum 50% child care discount, immediate (or next-day) access to earnings, paid time off, and more.
- We invest in your future with ongoing training, tuition reimbursement, credential assistance, and our unique Master Teacher Program.
- We strive to provide a positive, fun environment with plenty of recognition.
Join our talented team, where we inspire children to be lifelong learners! Through our play based curriculum, our affectionate and loving staff ensures that our children are imparted with the knowledge to succeed.
The Food Specialist is responsible for overall food preparation for the School’s enrolled children. May be responsible for the oversight of a group of children and be responsible for their health and safety. Must be adaptable to menu changes and be able to meet meal and snack schedules. Ensures safe food preparations and proper sanitation methods are used and maintains a safe kitchen/pantry area.
- Create home-style, nutritional meal plans in the boundaries of their school’s menu and budget, as well as state and federal requirements.
- Prepare meals/snacks for children and staff. Distribute food to the classrooms following appropriate health and safety guidelines, and policies.
- Follow the daily menu provided by the Director which incorporates, USDA, licensing and/or health department regulations.
- Maintain inventory of food and supplies and order more when needed.
- Assists in classrooms as needed as an Assistant Teacher/Floater.
- Are caring, compassionate and love what they do
- Work experience in cooking and/or food preparation for multiple individuals, preferably in a childcare facility
- An understanding of all current state and local regulations
- Flexibility as to the hours and schedule of work
- A High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Learning Care Group is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an employee or applicant based on race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status or any other protected status under federal, state, or local law.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $13.00 – $15.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Work Location: One location