Blue Sky Pastures is known globally for our high quality grass-fed lamb. We have over 30 years of experience and investments in Southland and have a team of over 350 staff.
About the role
We are now looking for a recent graduate who is ready to start their career in one of New Zealand’s biggest industries.
The Environmental Graduate will be at the forefront of researching and implementing environmental initiatives, that will not only help Blue Sky meet their regulatory and legislative requirements but enable them to be a sustainable and competitive business for years to come.
You will report directly to our Innovation Manager and be provided plenty of professional development opportunities.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Gaining an in-depth understanding of Blue Sky Pastures environmental impact.
- Understanding and adhering to resource consents.
- Creating and implementing environmental initiatives with a range of stakeholders.
- Reporting on our energy use and future modelling.
- Undertaking bore water extraction processes, and a range of other environmental sampling
- Monitoring and controlling environmental discharge
Successful applicants will:
- Have recently graduated with a University level qualification and be interested in a career in Environmental Management.
- Possess excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Be passionate about their continuous professional development and open to learning and developing their skills.
What’s in it for you?
This role is an incredible opportunity to join a market leading, fantastic team in an entry level position. You can also get to work helping an important New Zealand industry achieve environmental sustainability.