We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
The Shirley Veterinary Centre is a purpose-built clinic that offers appointments and surgical procedures with 3 consult rooms, a sterile surgical suite, dental suite and x-ray/ultrasound room. We have up to date veterinary equipment and Idexx systems as well as reproduction services available and involvement with Greyhound de-sexing programme.
We are looking for a Head Nurse to join a fun team of 5 Vets and 7 Nurses, a Receptionist, a Reproduction Co-ordinator, and Practice Manager on a full-time basis of 34-40 hours per week.
- Working nursing shifts
- Organization of rosters and leave
- Support with ongoing inhouse training
- Organizing of nurse CPD
- Regular meetings with Practice Manager and Lead Vet
- Running of nurse team meetings
- Being involved with development of clinic policies, planning of clinic events and reviews of nursing staff
- Organization of nursing students
What’s on offer?
- Remuneration, commensurate with experience
- Paid parental leave with a return-to-work bonus
- Health insurance after meeting the qualifying period
- FREE access to our purpose-built training centre based in Christchurch
- Generous CPD allowance
What we are looking for:
- Strong experience in Veterinary Nursing with appropriate Veterinary Nursing qualifications
- An ability to work efficiently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated client relationship building skills
- A hard working and a hands-on approach to your work
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and get involved at all levels, with energy and drive
- Effective time management and organisation skills
- Willingness to assist and guide Vet Nurses
This role is perfect for someone wanting a challenge, that thrives off teamwork and watching staff grow and develop. There are no limits to the role for the right person who is wanting to develop further in their leadership skills and responsibilities.
If you are someone who enjoys taking the lead in organization of staff and guiding them on their journey while maintaining high standards of care for the best veterinary nursing care for our patients at Shirley Vets, we would love to hear from you! You will be well supported in this role with our leadership team and purpose-built training centre in Christchurch.