We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
This is an identified position and applicants must be an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person. Being an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person is a genuine occupational qualification as authorised under Section 14(D) of the NSW Anti-Discrimination Act, 1977 NSW.
- Foster Indigenous collaboration and ownership in the field of imaging research
- Promote research activities of relevance to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples
- 2-year flexible fixed term contract based at the Hunter Medical Research Institute.
This position has been established to identify specific research priorities of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and to improve access to the biomedical research facilities for these purposes. The role will facilitate an Indigenous perspective and promote a culturally safe environment, and by assisting in supervising Indigenous undergraduate interns, the Fellow will help support a welcoming, culturally safe, and supportive space.
The overarching aim is to deliver imaging research outcomes that improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous Australians. The Fellow will work with imaging research teams on planning research projects, research governance, data compilation or analysis, and dissemination through peer-reviewed publications and conference presentations.
Be part of positive change in our communities
The University of Newcastle stands as a global leader distinguished by a commitment to equity and excellence. Our vision is to be a world-leading University for our regions and creating a better future for our regions and the globe. Underpinned by this vision are our values of excellence, equity, engagement and sustainability.
When we look ahead, we are motivated by the opportunities we see. We are driven by the challenges we need to solve and we are stirred by the future we can imagine.
Be challenged and imagine with us
The University of Newcastle is a Top 200 University in the world by QS World University Rankings 2021 and a Top 10 University in Australia
The University of Newcastle’s Looking Ahead Strategic Plan 2020-2025 outlines the University’s commitment to delivering an exceptional student experience and serving our communities.
This 2 year role is flexible, and part-time will be considered.
How will you inspire us?
This Fellowship is suitable for applicants from any one of several suitable backgrounds, including health and psychological research; or biomedical/neuroscience research; or physics and engineering.
You will need:
- MSc/Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering, Social Science, Medicine, or a relevant allied health discipline.
- Commitment to promote and facilitate respect, trust and positive relationships between the wider Australian community and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
- Demonstrated leadership by engaging in open communication with colleagues, respecting their input and working collaboratively.
- Evidence of understanding of research methodologies relevant to imaging science applied to biomedical or behavioural research.
- Capacity to assist in planning independent research activities
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including the ability to participate in a team environment demonstrating clear communication and mutual respect.
For additional information on the position contact Renate Thienel on 02 4042 0190 or via email Renate.Thienel@newcastle.edu.au
Why commit to us?
The successful applicant will work as a member of the Imaging Centre research team. As such, they will have the opportunity to design innovative imaging projects including research design and/or analysis of imaging data. They will also be provided with training opportunities on-site, including peer-supervision, teaching sessions from the Centre Node directors and teams, as well as professional development through participation in national and international imaging workshops.
The remuneration for this position is from $84,385 FTE + 17% superannuation plus
access to a wide range of employee benefits including salary packaging. You can learn more about these at https://www.newcastle.edu.au/about-uon/jobs-at-uon/benefits-at-a-glance
We provide opportunities for all people regardless of their background and experience, and this philosophy is reflected across all that we do.
Let’s create this future together. Here’s how to join us:
Your application must include:
- A Cover Letter; outlining your interest in the role, including contact details for a minimum of two relevant referees.
- CV/Resume; including contact details for a minimum of three relevant referees. Your CV/Resume should be a maximum of five pages
- A statement addressing the Essential Criteria listed in the Position Description.
If you have any difficulties uploading your application, please email: email@example.com
Please click here to access the Position Description
Closing date: Monday, 16 May 2022 at 11.59pm
We are excited to be Looking Ahead with you