We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
Mōu | For you
Taturanga Aotearoa Stats NZ are dedicated to diversity, equity, inclusion, health and wellbeing. We welcome every gender, ethnicity, ability, religion, age and background and encourage people to be their authentic selves.
Starting salary: $47,461 – $55,837 negotiable + superannuation
- Flexible by default, balance life and work commitments
- Mix of working from office and from home to meet your needs
- Develop and grow your career (coaching, training, study support, secondments)
- Contribute to meaningful work that makes a difference to all people in Aotearoa
- 3 extra annual leave days (taken during Christmas office closure), see careers site for other benefits and networks
- City based offices that cater to a variety of working styles and needs
Te tūnga | The role
This is for a part time (20 hours per week/0.53 FTE), fixed term role for five months based in Christchurch. It will start in July/August 2022 until late December 2022.
The Construction and Property Statistics team produces timely data and insights about construction, property, and housing to enable evidence-based decision making that improves the lives of current and future generations. The team is made up of ten people who produce four regular statistical outputs related to building consents, building activity, property transfers and ready mixed concrete production.
In this role, you will be responsible for processing building consents data received monthly from councils around New Zealand, and contributing to our monthly Building consents issued statistical output. This involves:
- reviewing and validating data to ensure appropriate fit for purpose quality, using appropriate rules and methods (such as automated techniques and data confrontation)
- confronting data issues by resolving duplicate unit records, applying automated edits and researching building projects online to apply manual edits
- engaging with suppliers of data and working collaboratively to resolve supply or data issues
- working collaboratively with team members to distribute data files, discuss issues and meet processing deadlines
The schedule for our statistical outputs can be demanding with strict deadlines to meet for the first 2-3 weeks of every month.
Stats NZ have a flexible by default working environment to ensure work-life balance and the role allows for a mixture of working from the office and at home.
Nōu te rourou | What you bring
We encourage and consider transferable skills and experience gained from outside of work e.g., cultural, community work, sports, volunteering, or a comparable role in a different sector or industry.
We want to see the following in your cover letter and CV any information relating to:
- Why Tatauranga Aotearoa – Stats NZ is the place for you, why us, and why Government?
- Any information about your knowledge and experience, or desire to learn and build knowledge and experience of Te Tiriti, Tikanga, Te Reo and Te Ao Māori, and engagement with Māori.
- How you’ve demonstrated or encouraged diversity and inclusion in and/or outside of work.
- Examples where you’ve demonstrated leadership, e.g. lifted others up, led by example, demonstrated problem solving, owned a project or piece of work, spoken up for yourself or others.
- Where you’ve demonstrated customer centricity, everyone is a customer mentality, collaborated with others and invited feedback.
- Any experience in a similar role that included making decisions about data, data entry, classification, validation or quality assessment that required a high level of attention to detail.
- Any experience working independently to manage a set of tasks on a tight deadline.
- Any experience using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams).
Ko mātou |About Us
Tatauranga Aotearoa – Stats NZ is a Central Government employer of around 1400 people across Aotearoa. We provide data and statistical outputs to support the decisions that the Government, Māori and Iwi organisations, businesses, NGOs and New Zealanders make every day. Our work is About Aotearoa, for Aotearoa – data that improves lives today and for generations to come.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
We encourage you to be you in your application! We are truly committed to diversity, inclusion and lifting our cultural capability. You don’t need to be knowledgeable in these areas, but you do need to be on board with learning. And please let us know in your application if we need to make any specific accommodations during our process.
Please reach out to Michael Heslop email@example.com to arrange a kōrero (chat) before you apply if that is what you need from this process. Or reach out to us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: We will be screening applications as we receive them to move swiftly to interview shortly after the advert closes July 18 2022 at 11:55pm (depending on application numbers this date may change). You may be asked to complete a pre-interview screen via phone or video.
Check out our careers site to find out more about working at Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: unsolicited CVs will not be accepted, do not contact the Hiring Manager directly, instead reach out to email@example.com
You must have the right to live and work in Aotearoa New Zealand, and have a valid vaccine pass to apply for this job. Pre-employment checks are part of our recruitment process.
18 Jul 2022 23:55
Data Insights, Analysis and Customer Reporting, Data Standards and Statistical Design
1-3 years experience
Fixed term part-time