We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
Part-Time Lifeguard / Pouora
Working for Porirua City is an opportunity for you to make a real difference in the community. We are proud of our indoor recreation facilities and are on the search for people to our passion for ensuring our customers have the best experience, while being safe at the Arena Aquatic Centre.
We are looking for reliable people to be an active member of our team. As a Lifeguard you are responsible for:
- the competent and professional supervision of our pools
- ensuring health and safety standards and procedures are followed
- completing water quality checks
- maintaining outstanding presentation of our facilities
- contributing to ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction
You might be looking for a rewarding job that will work around your life. These part time positions offer you shifts for set days of the week, so you can plan your week to maintain a work-life balance.
Our Lifeguards enjoy the interaction with the people that visit our facilities and the reward of serving our community, keeping them safe at our pools.
We will train and upskill you. You will attain a First Aid Certification, a National Lifeguard Award and learn more about emergency management and water quality standards.
You will need to show us that you:
- can swim competently and can maintain a required level of swimming fitness
- are reliable and willing to roll up your sleeves and help out to get the job done well
- communicate clearly and effectively, are practical and use your initiative
- have the ability to be calm in pressured situations and respond quickly following instructed procedures
- are reliable, responsible and punctual
- are passionate about creating a fabulous customer experience for our community.
The set shifts available are:
- Friday 5.00pm – 9.30 pm
- Saturday 1.00pm – 7.30pm
Due to the age requirements of the National Lifeguard Award, applications will only be considered from people aged 16 years of age or older.
As this is a safety sensitive role, all successful applicants will complete a pre-employment drug test.
To reduce the risk of harm of Covid-19 to our staff and our community, Council require all staff to be fully vaccinated. It has therefore been determined that this role may only be performed by a person who is fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
All about Porirua City
What you need to do now
Come and join our team and be part of our welcoming and engaging environment. Please contact William Ratty on 027 225 7539 for more information. In your application please indicate which shift or shifts you are interested in. Applications need to be received via our Careers Portal by 20 January 2022.
Permanent Part Time
Job no: AHAH24952
Closing Date: Thursday, 20 January 2022