Permanent, Part time
- This is a fast paced role that offers plenty of variety day to day.
- We are looking for a highly organised individual with a can do attitude
- You will need proven experience in supporting complex manager roles.
- You will be a team player, able to juggle changing priorities and deliver to time frames.
- Knowledge of the health sector is desirable, although not essential.
The Southern DHB has the largest regional coverage of all the New Zealand health boards, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities across a large geographical area. New Zealand practices a world-renowned model of care in Midwifery, and here at Southern we value the care we offer mothers, babies and whanau/families in our maternity centres. We take pride in all the services we provide and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. Our customers – patients, staff and communities – are at the forefront of everything we do. The Midwifery Service is comprised of the Director of Midwifery, Midwifery Manager and the clinical staff based in our wards.
About the Role
Reporting to the Director of Midwifery, you will provide executive level support to in this high level administration role. As this role is part time, 20 hours per week, you will be have exceptional time management and ability to prioritise and work closely alongside the Midwifery Director. Your customer service skills will also be outstanding as you interface with the staff of the midwifery services across the district and with external organisations.
A busy, largely autonomous role, your daily routine could involve any of the following activities and other general administrative tasks;
- facilitating communication channels
- organising meeting agendas
- taking minutes
- email management
- overseeing the Directorate’s Leadership schedules
- complex diary management
- dealing with complaints and compiling statistics
- financial reports and maintenance of financial and human resource systems
- coordination of information for reports, collating and ensuring their timely delivery
- collation of monthly and quarterly reporting
- coordinating complaint review procedure
It is essential that you have a background in a varied administration position that exhibits your ability to anticipate, prioritise, think of your feet, multi-tasking is something that comes naturally to you and the ability to deliver to tight time frames. You will have the capability to take direction when required and the confidence to build successful working relationships across a large organisation, while your eye for detail and use of initiative will see you accomplishing complex tasks with minimal supervision.
You will possess a highly professional demeanour and be an exceptional communicator who can offer trusted senior management level support. Some knowledge of te reo would be appreciated in this role. You must have excellent computer skills and will be proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook, with PowerPoint and Microsoft Project being advantageous.
Closing Date: Sunday, 23 January 2022
Due to the fast paced nature of the DHB, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don’t delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
For further information please contact Milair Ryalls, Recruitment Advisor, (03) 470 9268 Milair.email@example.com
Do you currently work for Southern DHB? If so, please apply for this role via our internal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to:
- Occupational Health Assessment
- Police Vetting / Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- COVID-19 vaccination