We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
THIS IS A CASUAL CONTRACT FOR A DURATION OF NOT MORE THAN 3 MONTHS.
We are currently working with a major technology company to collect map data across a number of Countries. The collection of map data involves operating vehicles equipped with a sensor mounted on the roof. This sensor will scan and collect data of the road network and route you are following. Upon completion of collecting data each day, you will transfer the data to an online platform through the electronic device provided. This data will lead to developing the next generation of digital maps to power mobile applications and autonomous vehicles.
As part of this project we are seeking people to operate and navigate the vehicles around the areas to be mapped. We are looking for Technical Operators/Navigators (navigation and the operation of the Technical Equipment) who are enthusiastic, friendly and safe. You will be working as part of a larger team so being personable is required. You should be comfortable working for long periods (approximately 8-10 hrs per day) and have experience in operating/navigating in all situations, i.e. cities, freeways, suburban and rural. You should have a working knowledge of GPS and navigation applications. You should have a basic understanding of operating a computer (basic software) and can maneuver between different software applications on an iPad. Technical operation does not require any experience or need for programming. Initially you may be a driver only until we can provide Operator training in the field. Once trained as an Operator, you will be promoted from Driver to Operator and your pay will increase.
This position will start in Auckland, New Zealand and you will continue to travel with the team to other locations throughout the entire country. It is helpful that you currently live in Auckland area or the unrestricted surrounding areas so we do not require a 14-day quarantine prior to start date.
Mapping Technical Operator & Navigator Responsibilities:
- Vaccination required for this role
- Operate mapping vehicles with care and attention, abiding by all traffic and highway rules.
- Use of navigation software and other applications as instructed to follow routes.
- Work effectively as part of a larger mapping team.
- Interact with other operator, Drive Coordinators and members of the public in a professional manner.
- Follow the rules and work missions as requested by the Regional Managers.
- Work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Complete daily checks on the vehicle and equipment and notify manager of any issues.
- Operate carefully especially with the regards to the equipment on the vehicle, such as knowledge of the height of the vehicle with the equipment, being mindful of low- hanging objects such as trees.
- Protect the equipment and vehicle by always parking the vehicle securely.
- Follow security protocols and instructions from managers.
- Maintain confidentiality of the project and the data collected.
- Maintain required logs as set forth by the Regional Manager.
- Operate and monitor the sensor equipment on a daily basis in the mapping vehicle.
- Use navigation software and other applications as instructed to follow routes.
- Consideration to the equipment and functionality of it is mandatory.
- Troubleshoot equipment issues.
- Be an NZ citizen, Legal Residence Card, or a Working Visa with no restrictions (no Student Visas accepted).
- A valid operator’s license to operate throughout New Zealand.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Ability to listen to managers and complete tasks efficiently.
- Basic Technical Familiarity with maps, phones and tablet computers.
- Be able to logically follow technical instructions.
- Good understanding of the AUS road network.
- Be a good communicator and be able to complete reports for managers.
- Strength to lift up to 50lbs, plus bending and twisting.
- Honest, open and transparent communication.
IF YOU HAVE NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE, YOU WILL BE HIRED AS A “DRIVER ONLY” INITIALLY.
Job Type: Full-time, Temporary
- Experienced Operator – $27.00 – $29.00 per hour
- Company vehicle
- Food allowance provide when outside your resident city
- Gas card provided for each vehicle
- Reimbursable unplanned expenses with receipts
Contract length: 3 months
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $28.00 per hour
Job Types: Full-time, Casual
Pay: $28.00 per hour