We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
OPERATIONAL FINANCE, SUPPLY CHAIN
A unique opportunity has arisen in our Property Services Purchasing Hub, where you can be a part of the department that creates, develops, and maintains the Otago campuses in a way that inspires and supports excellence in all that experience them.
We are a tight knit, supportive team that can offer you a diverse range of experiences. Perhaps you are a local looking for an exciting change. Or if you are further afield and interested in a move, you will soon find that Dunedin offers unrivalled access to the much-coveted Kiwi lifestyle balance.
Enjoy the thriving buzz of a student city, where there is no shortage of things to do, (but a great pace-change from the hectic commutes and housing prices elsewhere in NZ), matched with easy access to adventure and scenery just outside our city limits.
We are also one of the country’s largest employers and we are here to stay.
About us/Mō mātou
Launched in 2018 Supply Chain is focused on providing flexible Purchasing and Stores services across eight hubs of activity.
We are a part of the Division of Shared Services, a larger team of highly skilled professional staff responsible for delivering an outstanding student and staff experience through high quality, effective service delivery to all of the University’s internal and external customers.
The role/Te mahi
We are looking for an enthusiastic and practical person to join our team as a Purchasing Officer. You will be part of a flexible team who are responsible for performing a wide range of purchasing activities.
In this role, you will receive and process purchase requests, while collaborating with your peers to help develop a mutual respect between primary customers, suppliers and other Shared Services staff.
- Finalising purchase requisitions for standard purchases as well as identifying the best and most appropriate payment methods.
- Liaising with University of Otago subject matter experts and suppliers regarding order requirements.
- Creating and maintaining purchase orders through to completion and making ready for payment.
- Adherence to strong policy process and guidelines.
- Tracking shipments and addressing any delays, ensuring stores and customers are kept up to date with expected delivery schedules as appropriate.
- Verifying all goods and services have been delivered to the expected levels.
- Preparing reports regarding purchasing activity including cost analyses.
This is your opportunity to be part of our brilliant team, based in Dunedin. This role will suit candidates wanting to join a busy, complex, and challenging environment during a time of development and growth.
Skills and experience/Kā pūkeka me kā wheako
- Exposure to working in a busy purchasing focused role.
- Strong Microsoft Office and PC skills.
- A positive, proactive approach to work.
- Experience providing excellent customer service.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt on the fly to a diverse range of queries
This is a full time (37.5 hours), permanent position.
As part of a large organisation, we can offer you a diverse range of experiences in a dynamic professional working environment, five weeks annual leave, on-going professional development opportunities, and a competitive 6.75% superannuation scheme.
More information regarding employee benefits can be found here: Employee Benefits.
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to apply for this position.
For further information, or to discuss the role in confidence – please contact Rochelle McFarlane, Lead Officer Supply Chain via the contact details below.
To submit your application (including CV and cover letter), please click the apply button. Applications quoting reference number 2200837 will close on Thursday, 12 May 2022.