We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
- Do you have years’ worth of Payroll Management experience?
- Have you successfully led in the day-to-day operation of payroll systems and processes?
- Can you remain calm under pressure?
Mō Te Herenga Waka – About Our University
Te Herenga Waka – Victoria University of Wellington is a global-civic university with our marae at our heart. This iho draws off our heritage and is further defined by our tūrangawaewae, in particular Wellington, Aotearoa, and the Asia-Pacific, all of which are expressed in our position as Aotearoa New Zealand’s globally ranked capital city university.
Our core ethical values are respect, responsibility, fairness, integrity, and empathy. These core ethical values are demonstrated in our commitment to sustainability, wellbeing, inclusivity, equity, diversity, collegiality, and openness. With, and as, tangata whenua, we value Te Tiriti o Waitangi, rangatiratanga, manaakitanga, kaitiakitanga, whai mātauranga, whanaungatanga, and akoranga.
Kōrero mō te tūranga – About the role
The University is recruiting a Payroll Manager, permanent full time, who will provide management and leadership to the Payroll Team to ensure delivery of all services in an accurate and timely manner.
Key responsibilities. The Payroll Manager will:
- Ensure the team have a comprehensive understanding of all relevant aspects and functions of payroll and are fully trained, motivated and performing to the highest level of effectiveness.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the payroll systems and processes for all employees and meeting business and legislative requirements.
- Manage the relationship with clients, e.g., subsidiaries, and provide accurate and timely payroll services, ensuring that the requirements are met.
- Support the effective relationship with outsourced providers and vendors to ensure they meet the University’s requirements.
- Lead the development of the payroll function, including business improvement, data integrity, legal risks, and process change initiatives.
Ō pūmanawa – About you
You will be a motivated, customer-focused person who displays professional, courteous and an empathetic approach. The role is busy, challenging and interesting. You will be a well organised manager and natural relationship builder who enjoys system and process improvement and team development. You will need effective time management and forward planning to balance meeting deadlines, and maintain a high standard of service. The ability to remain calm under pressure and thrive working with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Several years of proven experience as a Payroll Manager, managing the day-to-day processing of a large and complex payroll function with track record of effectiveness, and experience of delivering a high-quality client service.
- Demonstrated extensive experience in day-to-day operational computerised payroll functions preferably using Ascender and knowledge of Oracle systems.
- Knowledge and practice of payroll accounting.
- Practical knowledge and application of current employment and payroll related legislation including ‘Good Employer’ practice.
- Proven ability to demonstrate skills and understanding of successful management approaches.
Ētahi kōrero hai āwhina i a koe – Why you should join our team
Become a part of a dedicated and friendly team who work collaboratively to improve processes and overall service delivery. We offer you flexible working arrangements and learning & development prospects. This is a great opportunity for you to continue to progress your career in a top New Zealand University.
From 31 January 2022, a COVID-19 vaccine mandate will apply to all University staff, students, contractors and visitors. For more information see: https://www.wgtn.ac.nz/covid-19/vaccine-mandate.
Close Date for Vacancy: 14 February 2022
Contact Details for Vacancy: If you have any questions regarding this role please get in touch with Aaron Mills (027-563-5040). Applicants should follow all steps listed below.
Important – Application Steps and information
For applicants who are not NZ Citizens or Permanent Residents, we recommend you check the NZ Immigration website for updates related to Covid19 restrictions on entry to New Zealand: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-us/covid-19
Click the Apply Now Button at the base of the advert, follow the process to enter your contact details and add your CV in the online form.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position then email the completed application form, cover letter and any other supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the reference number and position title from the advert in the subject line.