We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
CENTRE FOR EARLY LEARNING IN MEDICINE/TE POKAPŪ AUROROTANGA
OTAGO MEDICAL SCHOOL/TE KURA HAUORA O ŌTĀKOU
Te Pokapū Aurorotanga/Centre for Early Learning in Medicine (CELM) at Otago Medical School is currently recruiting for either a Teaching fellow or Professional Practice Fellow Early Learning in Medicine, based in Dunedin.
About our team/ Mō te tīma
Staff in the CELM, along with staff in the Dunedin School of Medicine (DSM) and School of Biomedical Sciences (BMS), are responsible for teaching in years 2 & 3 of the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MB ChB) Programme.
This teaching consists of a series of modules related to a biopsychosocial model of medicine, taught in whole class lectures, supported by laboratories and tutorials.
In addition, there are three modules – Clinical Skills, Integrated Cases and Early Professional Experience (EPE), which are taught mainly in small group tutorial sessions. On completion of years 2 & 3, students undertake further learning (years 4-6) in the three Advanced Learning in Medicine (ALM) campus schools: University of Otago Wellington (UOW), University of Otago Christchurch (UOC) and DSM.
The role/Te mahi
An appointment can be made either at the Professional Practice Fellow or Teaching Fellow level depending on the skills and experience of the preferred applicant.
The successful applicant will work closely with the module convenors and lead tutors of the Clinical Skills, Integrated Cases and Early Professional Experience modules to develop, deliver and teach in one or more of these modules. Face-to-face/online teaching will be a substantial part of the role during the teaching year (Feb-Oct).
Whilst you will likely have a closer association with one module in any given year, the positions are specifically intended to be flexible, using your skills to provide support as required in any of the three modules and/or other curriculum activities delivered by CELM, including assessment.
Applicants with an interest in research and/or data analysis will have opportunities to contribute to medical education research projects within CELM.
Applicants will be expected to work in the CELM offices in Dunedin.
Skills and experience/Kā pūkeka me kā wheako
- Postgraduate qualification or if appointed as a PPF a health professional qualification (preferably medical).
- A student-centred educator who seeks to foster the different strengths students have.
- A desire to embrace the diversity of the ELM student cohort.
- Enjoy interacting with students.
- An understanding of, and commitment to, the Treaty of Waitangi, particularly in relation to the University environment.
- Aptitude for effective teaching at tertiary level.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work effectively as a member of a team and independently.
- Able to work with databases and learning management systems (e.g. Moodle).
- Able to work well with students and staff from differing academic and cultural backgrounds and at all levels of the institution.
- Able to maintain a professional approach with both staff and students while handling a busy workload.
- Been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and must maintain their vaccinations, including ‘boosters’, in accordance with University policy.
One full-time (1.0 FTE) fixed term position is available, covering from February 2022 through to 23rd November 2022.
The appointment range for this position is as follows:
Teaching Fellow scale ($62,392 to $87,496)
Professional Practice Fellow scale (62,392 to $73,612)
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to apply for this position.
Specific enquiries may be directed to Tony Zaharic, Director of Early Learning in Medicine, Otago Medical School via the contact details below.
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter
- Three referee contact details.
To submit your application please click the apply button. Applications quoting reference number 2200257 will close on Thursday, 10 February 2022.