We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
- Establish and embed programme and project management approaches and disciplines.
- Manage a team to deliver multiple projects.
- Permanent full time role, based in Wellington.
Help shape the future of Education
He mea tārai e mātou te mātauranga kia rangatira ai, kia mana taurite ai ōna huanga
We work to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes
At Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education, we work to provide services and support nationally, regionally and locally to the education sector, and in some cases, directly to ākonga and whānau.
We help shape the policies, settings and performance of the education system for early learning, schooling and tertiary. We do this by building relationships and understanding the needs of those who receive our services.
We are making significant changes to how we deliver our mahi by
- Taking practical action to give effect to te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Giving priority to regional and local voice.
- Delivering greater responsiveness, accessibility and integrated services and support.
- Improving feedback loops and information flows.
Our organisation is made up of talented and committed people across Aotearoa from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for every child, young person and adult student in our education system.
About our group and team
Te Puna Ohumahi Mātauranga | Education Workforce is a key part of the Ministry.
We develop the education workforce strategy, including a focus on specialist services, employment relations, pay equity, education payroll, supply and scholarship functions. Our group ensures the system has the right people in the right places at the right time for early learning, kōhanga reo, schools and kura. We have links to tertiary education organisations, in particular wānanga, iwi and Māori, peak bodies and others, in the co-design of solutions to workforce challenges, such as provision of teachers with te reo and mātauranga Māori knowledge and Pacific languages.
The Teacher Supply team works to ensure New Zealand has the right teachers in the right place at the right time, across the country. The Teacher Supply programme is responsible for the design and implementation of a range of initiatives and projects, and interfaces with a wide range of stakeholders and functional groups within and beyond the Ministry.
In the last year we delivered a suite of initiatives to respond to COVID-19; providing wellbeing support payments to new principals; re-starting initiatives to support recruitment of overseas trained teachers and to attract teachers back into teaching.
Mō tēnei tūranga | About this role
As the Programme Manager, you are the glue of our team – the person who keeps the programme organised and provides guidance and support to the team. We are looking for a a programme manager who can continue the work to establish and embed programme and project management approaches and disciplines across our work; provide advice and guidance to help team members plan and deliver their work; and embed and maintain systems and processes to support reporting and governance.
Mōhou ake | About you
The Programme Manager supports the Teacher Supply team in organising and controlling programme/project activities.
You will also offer:
- Experience in delivering projects and/or programmes and/or managing a number of projects with multiple workstreams and competing pressures.
- Experience in delivering projects using standard project management methodologies, techniques, documentation and standards
- Experience in working within the public sector and understanding of the political environment and how related issues should be managed.
- Experience in organising – identifying what matters, anticipating next steps, accurately delivering what was commissioned
- Experience in administration of contracts, purchase orders, timesheets, invoices, filing, meetings, minute taking, and reporting.
- Effectively work with the Microsoft suite of products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- The ability to understand and apply the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and tangatawhenuatanga.
- Have a relevant tertiary qualification or project management qualification.
If you’d like to bring your skills to a challenging but rewarding role within an organisation that’s continuously reaching goals and striving for a better future for New Zealand, we’d love to hear from you.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi? | Are you ready to make a difference?
We need to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to building racial equity and excellence in the education sector.
We provide flexible working environments where everyone feels relevant, valued and supported. So, if working from home and/or having a flexible start and finish to the day will help with this, we can usually make it happen. We’d love to hear what this might look like for you, so feel free to outline this in your Cover Letter.
In your cover letter we’d like to know:
- about you, your values, your whakapapa
- your interest and motivations for this role
- the abilities, strengths, personal attributes and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation.
The Ministry encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated although currently this is a voluntary requirement. There is no requirement to show evidence of your vaccine status as this role is not covered by the Public Health (Vaccinations) Order.
For further information, please contact Ian Green at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on 7 August 2022, however, please note that if ideal candidates are found during this time, we will move forward with screening and interviewing sooner.