We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
Psychologist or Special Education Adviser
Permanent full-time position – based in Invercargill
- We have a big and important job to do and we need your help
- Make a real difference in children and young people’s lives
- Work as part of a trans-disciplinary team of dedicated professionals
Kia ora, Bula Vinaka, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Fakatalofa atu, Kia orana, Malo e lelei, Malo ni, Talofa lava, Tena koutou katoa and welcome.
Help shape the future of Education
At the Ministry of Education, we work together to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes.
Our organisation is made up of more than 3,000 talented and committed people around New Zealand, from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures.
While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for every child, young person and adult student in our education system.
About our group and team
Learning Support is a critical part of Te Tai Runga in the Ministry. We are charged with leading the education sector in ensuring that children and young people with additional learning needs are supported to achieve their full potential through education.
Our Learning Support specialists work closely with families, whānau, caregivers, schools and early childhood educators in English and Māori medium settings and other agencies to help maximise learning outcomes and promote social inclusion.
An opportunity exists for a Psychologist or Special Education Adviser to join our team based in Invercargill on a full-time permanent basis. The successful applicant may also be required to provide services across Otago/Southland.
The successful applicant will:-
- Have demonstrable knowledge, experience and skills in supporting children and young people with severe and challenging behaviours and students with severe disabilities
- Be responsible for providing a range of assessment and intervention services to children as well as establishing effective relationships with parents, families, whānau, educators and others working in the community
- Have relevant special education qualifications and/or a current New Zealand Psychologists Board registration
- Have a current driver’s licence
- Have a current My Vaccine Pass
Applicants for the position should be able to demonstrate the following key attributes:-
- Ability to plan and manage time effectively to meet goals and objectives
- Knowledge of the curriculum in schools
- Knowledge and understanding of inclusive education practices
- Ability and willingness to work co-operatively as a team member in a range of contexts
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Sensitivity to cultural and ethnic diversity and commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
The Ministry of Education has an equal opportunities policy and is committed to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi? | Are you ready to make a difference?
We need to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to building racial equity and excellence in the education sector.
We want to provide flexible working environments where everyone feels relevant, valued and supported.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit your cover letter and resume by using the ‘apply’ button. In your cover letter we’d like to know:
- about you, your values, your whakapapa
- your interest and motivations for this role
- the abilities, strengths, personal attributes and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation.
The Ministry invites applications from fully vaccinated people or people with a valid medical exemption (under the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021). We will require evidence of your vaccination status, or your medical exemption, at the pre-employment stage of our recruitment process.
If this opportunity interests you go to www.education.govt.nz/careers to apply online.
For further information contact email@example.com
Applications close midnight 21 January 2022.