We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
Delta is your smart thinking infrastructure specialist. We construct, manage and maintain essential energy and environmental infrastructure. Every day we make a difference in the lives of New Zealanders. We make communities better for people to live, work and play in – keeping the lights on, the trees trimmed and the parks green.
We are looking for a full time Student/Junior Cadet Quantity Surveyor to join our Dunedin project management team in our power and communications business unit. No two days are the same in this fast paced and varied role.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a student/junior Cadet who is an eager Quantity Surveyor looking to kickstart their career with a well-established team.
- Highly motivated and a proven team player
- Proactive problem solver
- Ability to handle the physical demands of the role
- Exhibits tidy and methodical work practices
- Has the ability to work independently
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Excellent attendance and Health and Safety record
About the Role
- Responsible for preparing, pricing and submitting tenders and quotes, negotiating with associated clients, technical advisors and contractors, and for preparing various contract performance reports required across the project business.
- To grow the Projects business through providing competitive tendering.
- To contribute to the financial success of Projects by undertaking detailed financial management and contract administration of awarded projects, ensuring that projects return tendered margin or better.
- To build and maintain relationships with key clients and sub-contractors.
- Develop into a proficient user of Delta’s estimating software.
What you need to succeed:
- Ideally Quantity surveyor qualified or working towards being qualified
- Ability to be proactive and results-focused.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, in particular Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to review and understand drawings, plans, and specifications. Great attention to detail, showing thoroughness and accuracy
- Effective and timely communication, both written and verbal
- Work successfully in a team environment
- Clean full New Zealand driver’s license.
What’s on offer:
- A role where you can be challenged and supported
- All permanent & Fixed-term employees qualify for $100k Cigna Life Insurance cover
- Extra contribution to KiwiSaver after your first year
- Commitment to safety, to make sure everyone gets home- every day
- Recognition for excellence and demonstrating Delta’s values
- Wellness programmes, team activities, and social clubs
- Professional development, training, and courses
- Corporate Social Responsibility programmes and initiatives
- A competitive remuneration package with all equipment provided
- Joining a progressive and reputable South Island organization
If this sounds like you, you have a positive attitude and want to be part of a great team, we want to hear from you.
Applications close: 29 August 2022
Delta is an equal opportunities employer, providing competitive remuneration and structured support for your career development. or email us at email@example.com
Some things you need to know:
- We will only consider applications from people currently residing in NZ and who hold a valid work visa.
- While we make every effort to respond to all applications, sometimes the volume we receive is so large it is not possible. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly for this position; unsuccessful candidates will be notified via email