We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
- Based at our Manufacturing site in Palmerston North
- NZ Family Owned Business
- A hands-on busy Steel Fixing role
We are currently seeking Precast Steel Fixers for our manufacturing site in Palmerston North. This role will be responsible for assisting in the production of quality precast concrete products.
Role responsibilities includes:
- Assembly of components to produce steel reinforcement for concrete products
- Installation of Kody clips on bar
- Accurately interpreting and read drawings to schedules
- Measuring, cutting, moulding, installation of wire mesh into concrete areas to be steel mesh-reinforced
- Installing mesh and reinforcing steel
- Setup precast moulds as per the Standard Operating Procedure. B
- e able to use hand tools and equipment
- Placement of reo cages into the mould. Use concrete skip in pouring concrete into the mould.
- Mould set up, mould assembly, reinforcement assembly, casting of concrete, concrete pouring, formwork stripping, cleaning, finishing works and any other task required to safely manufacture products.
- Strip and mark product based on production drawing.
- Work to schedules and production targets
- Keeping a clean and tidy work environment
- Follow all health and safety requirements such as daily pre-start checks
What you will bring:
- Previous reinforcement experience working with precast concrete products is essential
- Previous experience reading plans/drawings
- Class 1, F OSH endorsement an advantage
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work outside
- Accurate time keeping with the ability to work to deadlines
- High level of both verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding and experience with NZ manufacturing safety standards
Consideration will be given to the candidates with minimum of 12 months relevant experience.
Who we are:
Founded in 1973, Hynds is New Zealand’s premier product supplier for the management of water and water-based waste in the civil and rural infrastructure markets. Hynds remains proudly family-owned and has built its reputation on customer service and innovation.
We are committed as a team to helping our customers succeed and believe in the Hynds Values to guide the way. Hynds is a place where people matter, where we do what’s right and where we connect with our customers.
Why join Hynds:
- Competitive salary
- Southern Cross medical insurance cover
- Values focused and supportive environment
- Ongoing learning & development opportunities
–Hynds are committed to high levels of health and safety for our team. Therefore, all candidates will be expected to pass a pre-employment alcohol and drug screen test, along with satisfactorily passing a medical and criminal history check. Applicants will be expected to provide evidence of legal eligibility to work in NZ. Hynds supports the Government vaccination programme to help protect us all against Covid-19. Applicants will be expected to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as part of our recruitment process.