We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
YMCA Taranaki Youth Services has a permanent part time, 22.5 hours per week vacancy – ILN/ACE Tutor (Intensive Literacy & Numeracy and Adult & Community Education Tutor).
We are currently looking for a person to work with our young people and adults in our intensive literacy & numeracy and Adult & Community Education programmes.
The ideal person will:
- Have a commitment to youth and adult education and have a student-centred approach to teaching and learning.
- Have a strong cultural sensitivity and empathy.
- See potential in our young people and adults and motivate them to improve their literacy and numeracy skills.
- Enjoy working with people of all ages and be supportive of people who have complex behavioural needs.
Candidates will need the following attributes:
- Ability to engage and motivate/inspire people of all ages from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience working with challenging youth.
- Experience teaching numeracy, literacy and foundation skills education.
- A relevant qualification or experience.
- Full driver’s licence with the ability to drive a manual is essential.
- Has Unit Standard 4098, National Certificate in Adult Literacy & Numeracy Education Level 5 or be prepared to obtain these.
- High standard of professionalism and integrity.
- Experience of carrying out initial, diagnostic, formative and summative assessment of learners and keeping relevant records.
- Experience of finding, designing and adapting relevant teaching and learning materials.
- Strict adherence to health and safety standards and procedures.
- Excellent organisation, time management skills and/or experience in people management.
- Self-motivated and has the ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong administration, communication and computer skills.
- First aid certificate or willing to obtain one.
YMCA Taranaki is committed to Child Protection and the safeguarding of children and young people in our care and it is our expectation that all staff will operate in a way that reflects this intent. As such we adhere to the requirements under the Vulnerable Children’s Act, ie police vetting and references.
Please apply by emailing a covering letter and CV.
This listing will close once a suitable candidate has been appointed.
Job Type: Part-time