We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
Category: Part time Student Federal Work study
Posted On: Mon Jul 25 2022
Student assistants will cultivate a variety of professional competencies that will assist them in their future careers, such as research, technical, and customer service skills. Professional and personal growth is an expectation of employment at the Amelia V. Gallucci-Cirio Library. Please see below the specific duties and responsibilities.
To assist in the library’s general functions:
At the Circulation Desk:
- Provide quality customer service to library patrons.
- Answer desk phone and forward calls as appropriate.
- Charge and discharge materials using the automated circulation system.
- Assist with overdue notices and missing book reports.
- Assist with opening and closing the Library.
- Provide patrons with accurate information relating to library services and general policies.
- Help patrons navigate the library and locate resources in the stacks and online.
- Shelve library materials and assist with stack maintenance.
- Assist patrons with study room reservations. Provide media assistance as needed.
- Assist staff with day-to-day functions and special projects as needed.
At the Research Help Desk:
- Provide frontline research assistance to students and faculty.
- Assist patrons with printers, computer workstations and accessing the wireless network.
- Monitor printer and computer workstations to ensure equipment is working, stock printer paper and toner and report any problems to supervisors that require IT assistance.
- Maintain the overall computer workstation environment.
- Assist staff with projects as needed.
- Experience working in a library or customer service environment.
- Must have basic computer proficiency and be able to learn library technology and systems.
- Ability to work within a team environment and at times without constant supervision.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule with a minimum of a one day shift and either one closing or weekend shift per week.
- Ability to interact professionally with students, faculty, staff, and members of the community.
- Must be dependable.
Shift Information: Part time student only position. Hours range from 7:30am – 11:30pm (1:00am during finals), Monday through Sunday. $14.25 per hour.
- The library is open on select holidays and when classes are canceled due to snow.