We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
We’re looking for an all-rounded hard-working superstar to join our team as a Warehouse Assistant + Delivery Driver in our warehouse in Lower Hutt.
A little bit about us, we’re a wholesaling company, originally around 35 years ago we mainly supplied confectionery but as we got older, we grew! Now we have a diverse range of products (still mainly food products) but we have expanded! We are the leaders in supplying products to retailers (just to name drop a few: Whittaker’s, Tom & Lukes, Mars, and Wrigley) around the Wellington region.
Your role and day-to-day responsibilities will be varied, so we’re looking for someone who is flexible, has all round experience and can wear different hats! (sales rep as well as warehouse assistant etc.)
So a little bit about what our ideal candidate looks like:
- The ability to work well under pressure and without direct supervision
- Fantastic customer and relationship management skills, with the ability to build, manage and enhance customer relationships
- Ideally, someone who is comfortable working on their feet, reasonably fit & able to do some heavy lifting
- Has a valid class 2 driver’s licence (preferred)
- Is reliable & flexible with work hours if needed – as the team is small we will need your commitment!
- Hands-on work experience in the warehousing/packing industry is beneficial
- Have high attention to detail as products are quite similar
- Forklift licence (nice but not essential)
- Clear written & oral communication
- Work within a team environment and has a positive can-do attitude!
- Practice safe driving habits & accurately follow routes
- Utilises a continuous improvement mindset and assists in identifying opportunities to improve processes
A few day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Loading, transporting, delivering and picking up items to clients or businesses in a safe, timely manner
- Pulling & packing products based on daily orders for delivery in a timely manner
- Loading, unloading, delivering & picking up goods
- Managing inventory of products
- Office Admin jobs such as responding to emails, creating invoices, collecting payments etc (if required)
- Conducting general warehousing duties, which may include machine operation, cleaning and administration
- Maintaining regular contact and healthy relationship with the customers
- Ability to perform other duties as assigned
Applicants for this position require the right to work in New Zealand, must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen, have a clear MOJ check, and be able to provide 2 recent references.
On the job training will be provided and you will be working with an experienced team.
Applicants who seem like the right fit will be screened and then called in for an interview. If the candidate is successful, the applicants will be provided with a contact to review. It will be a permanent role depending on high ongoing work volumes and whether the candidate is a good fit for the role.
If this sounds like a job for you then please apply with your CV and cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent, Fixed term contract, Casual
Salary: $21.99 – $25.99 per hour
- Free food
- Visa sponsorship
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Rotating roster
- Weekend availability
Applicants should be fully vaccinated
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lower Hutt, Wellington: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- English, Hindi, Gujarati (Preferred)
- Forklift Endorsement (Preferred)