We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
The Met, founded by the non-profit Big Picture Learning, began in 1996 as a groundbreaking new school with a student-teacher ratio of 16:1, high standards, and strong family engagement. With more than 25 years in education, the Met has expanded to a network of six small high schools throughout the state of Rhode Island. The Met empowers its students to take charge of their learning, become responsible citizens and life-long learners. Met milestones include internships, individual learning plans, advisories, and a breakthrough college transition program.
Position : Math Tutor
Reports To: QR Specialist (Math Teacher)
Location: East Bay/ Newport Campus
Employment Status: Part time, 10 Months, Grant Funded
Hourly Rate: $20 – $25 per hr
Start Date: Immediately
Position Overview: The Met School is looking for highly motivated people to tutor high school students in all levels of math (from basic math to Calculus but focused on Algebra and Geometry). The ideal candidate is passionate about working with young people, holds high expectations for themselves and others, believes that all young people can succeed, enjoys math, feels comfortable explaining math to young people, and is interested in showing them how math is relevant to a variety of disciplines, careers, and jobs. This is a challenging, dynamic position in which the tutor will work closely with the Met student’s advisor (teacher), special educator, and math specialist (Quantitative Reasoning Teacher) while developing personal, productive relationships with students in a non-traditional academic environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working with the student’s advisor (teacher) and math specialist (math coordinator) to identify skills and content that the student needs to improve upon.
- Meeting with students 1 on 1 (or in small groups of 2-4) to go over the material and practice new skills and content.
- Assess and track the student’s growth over time (using short assessments, keeping a portfolio of student work, etc.)
- Developing a “bag of tricks” (tools, ideas, etc.) to use with students. These should take into account multiple learning styles, multi-language support and should ideally include (when appropriate):
- Visual aids (charts, graphs, photos, diagrams, pictures, etc.)
- Hands-on representations (dice, beans, M and M’s, etc.)
- Experiential activities (for data collection, examples of the concept utilized in the real world, etc.)
- Written definitions/descriptions (word problems, definitions, sample math problems, new vocabulary)
- Interdisciplinary learning – mini-projects that students can do to demonstrate the skill set in an applied fashion
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Believes all students have the ability to learn
- Highly skilled in math
- Ability to work in a team and one on one
- Patient and willing to take extra time as needed to help individual students
- Flexibility with tutoring hours
- Ability to engage students in the learning process
- Ability to relate subject content to real-world experiences
- Reliable transportation to and from The Met
- Likes high school students
Equal Opportunity Employer: The Met encourages applications from candidates who reflect the increasing diversity present in our community and student body, and who will enhance and promote engagement with others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, and any other protected status as required by applicable law. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation. A background check is required for this position.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $20.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Tutoring: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location