We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
NEW ZEALAND MARINE STUDIES CENTRE
DEPARTMENT OF MARINE SCIENCE
About Us/Mō mātou
The NZ Marine Studies Centre is the public face of Marine Science at the University of Otago. We are based in Portobello on the Otago Peninsula, where there has been a marine research station for over 100 years.
Our mission is to foster understanding and appreciation of New Zealand’s unique marine environment and responsibility towards its conservation.
The Role/Te mahi
As the Curator, you will manage collection, husbandry and permits for live animal and plant collections for the NZ Marine Studies Centre (NZMSC). You will also maintain the NZMSC animal care facilities and equipment and support the Aquavan Education Programme.
- Both field and lab-based tasks associated with animal collection and care.
- Administrative tasks associated with animal management and compliance.
- Maintenance tasks associated with overseeing exhibits/equipment.
- Education duties associated with the delivery of the Aquavan Programme.
Skills and Experience/Kā pūkeka me kā wheako
- A working knowledge of aquarium systems and animal husbandry.
- Knowledge of NZ marine habitats and associated flora and fauna.
- Guiding / teaching experience.
- Excellent time management and communication skills are essential along with computer literacy.
- A background in science (specifically marine and environmental science) would be advantage.
- Ability to drive a manual vehicle would be an advantage.
This is a permanent, part-time (30 hours per week) position, based at the NZMSC in Portobello.
The job will require some weekend and evening work.
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to apply for this job.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Children’s Act 2014. Candidates who successfully make the final stages of the recruitment process will be required to undergo a safety check. For further information on the safety check process please visit: Protection of Children
For further information, please contact Sally Carson, Director of the NZMC via the contact details below.
The salary level for this position will be decided at the Job Evaluation Committee meeting on 13 July 2022. This vacancy will be updated the following day. Please contact the recruitment team on 03 479 4376 for information.
To submit your application (including CV and cover letter) please click the apply button below. Applications quoting reference number 2201245 close on Sunday, 17 July 2022.