We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
Experience Parliament in action every day supporting our select committees.
- Provide secretariat support to select committees, right at the heart of our democracy
- Be part of an engaged and collaborative team operating in a dynamic environment
- We welcome full time and flexible working arrangements.
Te tĪma |The team:
When you work in Parliament, you don’t just watch democracy in action – you’re part of it. And in the Office of the Clerk we work at its core, providing advisory services to the House of Representatives, directly assisting the House and its committees with the business of Parliament. The Office of the Clerk does this in a totally impartial and politically neutral way.
Mō te tūnga |About the role:
This exciting role works in the heart of Parliament and involves administering the processes and systems required to support the meetings of committees. Some of the committees you could be involved with include Social Services and Community, Māori Affairs, and Environment. You’ll work closely with the rest of your team to ensure tasks are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
As a Parliamentary Officer (Administration) you will join either one or two secretariats and support select committees by:
- preparing and delivering meeting documents
- processing submissions and booking submitters in for hearings
- organising public hearings on legislation under discussion
- interacting with MPs, departmental advisers and members of the public
- managing the technology during committee meetings
- maintaining accurate select committee documents and data.
Tō kete |What you will bring to the role:
You will be an efficient self-starter who has been described as a high-performing team-player. And your initiative, attention to detail and ability to quickly come up to speed will be hugely valued in this role. Working directly with committees you’ll need to be articulate and demonstrate a high level of maturity and discretion.
Your top-notch customer service skills will ensure a satisfying and uncomplicated experience for the public who engage with parliamentary process. You will need clear and concise written and verbal communication skills and the ability to adapt your communication style as you interact with all levels of the public service.
Why work for Office of the Clerk?
- We actively represent our values of Courage, Integrity, Manaakitanga, Impartiality and Kaitiakitanga.
- We offer a thorough induction, on-going development and excellent working conditions
- We offer a range of benefits including study assistance, 5 weeks annual leave and flexible working arrangements. Our ever-changing environment we work in allows us to be part of the action at Parliament including attending question time, select committees and other key events.
If you’ve got the right skills and work ethic we’ll provide all the support, mentorship and knowledge you’ll need to take your career to the next level. This position is an entry level position and will open up career pathways for you here at Parliament.
The appointing salary range for this role is $51,954 to $57,361 per annum. Appointments will be based on skills and experience (please note, the full salary range extends beyond this to allow for tenure progression).
We are recruiting to fill two permanent positions. Click the APPLY button and include your resume and cover letter. Applications close midnight, 10 June 2022.
For any queries or to arrange a confidential kōrero, please email email@example.com or contact the Recruitment Advisor managing this recruitment, (Jessica Bond, 04 817 6068)
The Parliamentary Service and the Office of the Clerk appoint on merit and are committed to diversity and inclusion and good employer principles. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and value the experience that your point of difference brings.