We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
- Hands-on busy production QA Tech role
- Based at our Pokeno Manufacturing Site
- 12 month fixed term contract
We are currently seeking an experienced QA Technician for our busy manufacturing site in Pokeno. This role will be responsible to meet the ongoing quality requirements in the manufacturing of precast concrete products and concrete pipes.
Role responsibilities include:
- Carry out precast dimensional checks pre pour and post pour in alignment with specifications and inspection and test plans
- Dimensional check of reinforcement cages
- NCR reports and advise on corrective actions
- Closing out NCRs with the customer and internal stakeholders
- Checking of precast moulds
- Routine product testing in accordance with national and international standards and in-house procedures
- Making/testing concrete cylinders/concrete raw materials as per specs
- Initial training of factory staff in the repair methodologies
- Writing standard operating procedures/quality assurance documentation
- Leading quality and advising on industry best practice
What you will bring:
- Must have a good understanding of laboratory work,
- Proven experience in civil engineering & manufacturing procedures and experience in lab procedures for testing concrete samples and products
- Tertiary qualification in a QA/Civil Engineering related field
- Computer literate on MS Office including Excel spreadsheets would be a distinct advantage
- Able to work to production schedules and meet targets
- Ability to monitor and continually improve production efficiencies while performing to the highest standard
- Flexible with being able to work on your own and within a team environment
- Able to learn quickly over a variety of equipment
- Accurate timekeeping with the ability to work to deadlines
- High level of both verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding and experience with NZ manufacturing safety standards
- A reasonable level of physical fitness
Consideration will be given to the candidates with a minimum of 12 months relevant experience.
Who we are:
Founded in 1973, Hynds is New Zealand’s premier product supplier for the management of water and water-based waste in the civil and rural infrastructure markets. Hynds remains proudly family-owned and has built its reputation on customer service and innovation.
We are committed as a team to helping our customers succeed and believe in the Hynds Values to guide the way. Hynds is a place where people matter, where we do what’s right and where we connect with our customers.
Why join Hynds:
- Competitive salary
- Southern Cross medical insurance cover
- Values focused and supportive environment
- Ongoing learning & development opportunities
Hynds are committed to high levels of health and safety for our team. Therefore, all candidates will be expected to pass a pre-employment alcohol and drug screen test, along with satisfactorily passing a medical and criminal history check. Applicants will be expected to provide evidence of legal eligibility to work in NZ. Hynds supports the Government vaccination programme to help protect us all against Covid-19. Applicants will be expected to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as part of our recruitment process.