We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
EXTERNAL ENGAGEMENT DIVISION
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT SERVICES
Mō te tīma/About our Team
The University of Otago Pathway Te Huarahi and the University of Otago English Language Centre Te Puna o Te Kī (PELC) offer academic and English language study pathways to both domestic (New Zealand) and international students. The PELC Student Support team, sitting within the International Student Services team in the Division of External Engagement, provides a range of pastoral care, co-curricular advice and guidance, academic progress support and compliance assistance to all students studying on campus and online at PELC.
Te mahi/The role
This is an important team leadership position responsible for leading the day-to-day provision of co-curricular pastoral care, course progression and study skills guidance, and other support and engagement services for all PELC students.
You will manage and supervise a team of three student advisors, direct the day-to-day activities and work output of the team, and oversee work performance and service delivery.
As team leader, you will be responsible for leading the provision of course progression and study skills advice to student, and ensuring students are supported in relation to study options and academic status, including course changes and withdrawals. You will undertake academic reporting to University partners and scholarship providers as required, and where necessary will take an active part in providing admissions advice and undertaking admission interviews.
Reporting to the Manager, International Student Services, you will contribute to PELC Student Support and International Student Services strategy and business planning and identify and escalate potential risks in relation to the provision of student support. You will collaborate with other University student services, teachers and academic staff to ensure students are appropriately supported and will play an important role in building and maintaining positive working relationships with a range of external and internal stakeholders.
Kā pūkeka me kā wheako/Your skills and experience
- A relevant tertiary qualification and experience in an education environment providing well-being and basic counselling support and/or learning support to young people.
- Leadership and people management experience, including the ability to delegate tasks, mentor staff and manage work performance.
- Exceptional communication, cross cultural and organisational skills, and a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience monitoring and reporting on data, especially in relation to student academic progress, and preparing proposals and summaries for internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience developing operational processes and procedures, especially in relation to the provision of support services, would be considered desirable.
- Previous experience providing academic advice in a high school or English Language Centre would be highly advantageous.
This is a full-time (37.5 hours per week) permanent position.
We offer competitive salary, five weeks’ annual leave, a 6.75% superannuation scheme, and the ability to achieve real work/life balance. More information regarding employee benefits can be found here: Employee Benefits.
Applications from candidates with Māori and Pacific backgrounds or strong competencies in these areas are warmly encouraged.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Children Act 2014. Candidates who successfully make the final stages of the recruitment process will be required to undergo a safety check.
For further information on the safety check process please visit:
For further information, please contact Danielle Yamamoto Kerr, Manager, International Student Services via the contact details below.
To submit your application (including CV and cover letter) please click the apply button. Applications quoting reference number 2200158 will close on Tuesday, 01 February 2022.